Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Anniversary



11 years ago on Jan. 26 Mark Purposed to me. It was my birthday and we went out to dinner and on a date. It was about 10 a clock at night and we were walking around the green belt in Idaho falls we walk across the street to the temple and Mark got down on one knee and pop the Question. I of course said yes. He then gave me this ring.
We were Married on May 30Th 1998 in the Manti Temple.



Fast Forward

On May 30th 2009 Marks Mom was getting sealed in the Idaho Falls Temple (Yes on our Anniversary). So we planned a trip to Idaho and ask family to take our kids for the night so we could celebrate our anniversary after the sealing. On Sat. I woke up to find Roses on the table in the Kitchen with a card. OK backup if you don't know already Mark is really bad at gifts, or anything romantic for example paper shredder for my birthday, a how to book for valentines, and of course I don't get flowers unless I point out that he should get me flowers. So back to the Flowers on the table I was shocked a Dozen roses for me and I didn't reminded him. The day was off to a good start. Mark work until 11 then came home we all jump in the car and were off to Idaho. We got there and was able to watch my mother-in-law get sealed and it was so great to sit there and think that is what we did 11 years on that same day. I would highly recommend doing a sealing on your anniversary it is just so special and amazing feeling you walk away with.

After it was done we then took picture out side and was waiting for everyone to finish up when Mark ask to go around to the other side of the temple to take a picture. I of course made this difficult for him and said no because it was hot and that side was in the sun. He said that he wanted a picture of us where he purposed. I said we don't have a camera, so He then got his brother to take a picture. He said lets just go on our way to the car. I said but the car is the other way. He then just started walking towards the other side of the temple and I said fine and followed. His whole family followed too all wanting to know why we were walk the other direction and into the sun. When we got to the back of the temple Mark stop and look at me he said. Marci 11 years ago I ask you to marry me and we where married on this day. I love you and can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you accept this ring again. He then pulled out my wedding ring and gave it to me again. But this time He had changed it a bit. I had lost one of the small diamonds in it so I stop wearing it. He had the small diamond replace, increase the main diamond and had it dipped. I was so shocked I think I yelled, giggled and said yes. This was by far the best anniversary we have had. I just love Mark so much and think he is the most wonderful husband and father. He does so much for me and he puts up with a lot from me I don't know to many that would put up with me. I always say that I had to find someone that would love me as me and I found that in Mark.


Background

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It is just so lovely! Way to go Mark! Sorry I had to see it first on the blog. We have been hard hit by the flu. I think we are going to live now. Hopefully I will get over to your house to stand on your scale and see it in person soon.