Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Horse Show





So after my very busy weeks I was not going to do the horse Show on last Sat. My mom called on Thur. and ask what time to be here so she can help. I thought about it and decided to just bite the bullet and do it. So my very wonderful mom came up on Friday to help me. We took the boys down to the area to practice. My mom thought Dallen had to Gallup the horse so she was working with Dallen to Gallup and got the horse galloping which meant Dallen ended up in the dirt in the middle of the area. I was watching and it was all in slow motion Dallen half off holding on to the saddle then on the side and finally on the ground. He got pretty scraped up all the way down his chest and on his face. But he got back on and rode.
The next day we went to the arena after giving both horses baths and trimming them up, making sure I had all the equipment for both horses and boys we made it there. We got them all ready and Dallen after the Fall the night before was scared we had to talk him into everything he did. We did the lead line with both boys and Corbin loved it. Then Dallen did walk trot by himself and did really well. We told him to follow this kid and he did completely. He Did really well for his first time and placed fourth. He was really happy.

2 comments:

Nicola said...

What great fun! Looks like your boys had a blast. I have to say that Dallen is braver than I would be. I'm not sure I would've hopped back on that horse. (=

Michelle said...

Way to go boys! We are so glad we know a couple of cowboys!